Monday, June 1, 2009

When it rains...

I hung out with The Editor on Saturday again. He came to my place, we walked to dinner, we came back to my place to watch Synecdoche, New York. If it had been a better movie, we probably wouldn't have had to resort to a makeout session to pass the time.

Damn you, Philip Seymour Hoffman.

And, just to round out the weekend, I went out for dinner with P. (hereafter known as The Aviator). We went to a great little restaurant a few blocks from my house. I was afraid he'd be super short (he's not) and teeny (he's not). He's stocky, which I like. He has cats, which I like. He plays the piano recreationally, which I like.

He's a pilot, which I don't like. Not that it's not a noble profession--I just HATE flying. I do it, but I have to be drugged up like B.A. Barracus on the A-Team. He's actually a biologist by trade, but worked as a commercial pilot for years. He's a fascinating guy, as well as being really funny and really smart.

The Editor vs. The Aviator!
DEATHMATCH '09!

Okay, things aren't that serious. But there comes a point where I have to choose, and the last time I was in this position (in fact, EVERY TIME I'm in this position), I choose poorly. I've just got to get to know each of them slowly and intentionally, and hope for the best.

And here, we come to the root of the problem with eHarmony.

The issue is quality vs. quantity--you want to meet good men, right? And most importantly, you want to meet them one at a time. But when you're paying for it, you want to meet as many as possible! And time's running out! GAAH!

In other news, I am a vegetarian. It's 11:30 on Day 1, and I haven't eaten any meat yet! High fives all around!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I've been waiting all day to see how date number 2 went :)
    I hear ya about the online dating scene. Either there is no one or there are many some ones. Sounds like fun! (seriously)

    ReplyDelete