Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Editor vs. The Aviator

I'm eating meat!
And I'm married!

Okay, neither of those are true. I'm just trying to spice things up around here.

The latest:

Still a vegetarian. It's been a ridiculously busy week in The Life Of Me, but I've maintained the lifestyle in spite of a lack of time to actually a) grocery shop and b) cook. Suffice it to say, I've been eating a lot of peanut butter.

As for the men in my life: The Editor lost a lot of points this week. I saw him on Sunday night for a little R&R--we watched "Benjamin Button" (and I didn't hate it) and ate noodles. I didn't hear from him on Monday or Tuesday (you know, a little "How was your day?" action goes a long way), but whatev.

Wednesday, we had some apocalyptic weather here in The Burgh. I, however, was not in The Burgh. I was teaching piano lessons in the Great White North, and we just got a little boom/flash. I texted him when I heard that much of his neighborhood was flooding and receiving some nasty wind--he texted back to inform me that he'd stayed at work, and that he'd call me when he got home.

He called at 11pm, and his mom called at 11:05. "I've got to take this," he says. "Call you back in a minute."

An hour later, I went to bed. An hour and 15 minutes later he texted to inform me that his mom is long winded, and that he's going to bed.

Aaand I haven't heard from him since, except to hear that he was too tired to hang out last night, and that he was working tonight. He suggested that we hang out tomorrow night...I replied, "That's ok, but I work very early on Monday--can we do an early dinner?" And I didn't hear back from him!

Dear Boys of America:

Do you ever wonder how to piss a girl off? This is how. Tell her you'll call, then don't. Make your job sound more important than her feelings. Ditch her for a weekend, because you're tired.

THIS is how to piss a girl off.

Love and Kisses,
Moi

So, because I'm anything but a wallflower, I called The Aviator. We had lunch this afternoon, and it was fun. I may dump The Editor if things don't improve this week. I really, REALLY don't like being a jerk, but even more I dislike being taken for a ride.

Back to vegetarianism.

Things I miss:

Wings
Chicken McNuggets
Bacon
Wings
Steak
Sausage
Wings

(Note: had dinner at Dad's tonight. He ate wings. Droooooling ensued.)

No comments:

Post a Comment