Monday, May 25, 2009

I knew it wouldn't be easy.

Or fun.

I was greeted this morning with 7 new matches, all of whom I can sum them all up in 3 words:
Bald Graduate Students.

I find that rather amusing--I mean, I work within blocks of two huge universities. I see bald dudes all the time. Who knew they were all looking for love?

And don't get me wrong. I don't mind a bald dude. But I am sensing a trend in their profiles. They're all self-proclaimed quiet, shy introverts. Hm...I can handle bald, but I'm not sure I can handle shy. Or, for that matter, whether shy can handle me.

I'm not going to talk about every person eHarmony matches me up with--I'll just throw the ones I'm communicating with out there, and talk about their pros/cons. Eventually, if I go out with him, he'll get himself a nickname like so many before him.

Examples:
Shrimpy Keith
Condescending Stephen
Barf Bill

On slow days, I'll dip into the vast well of experience and talk about boys of my past and their quirks and foibles.

Oh, and vegetarianism. I'm becoming a vegetarian on June 1st. I keep forgetting.

Anywho, today I'm communicating with Paul. Paul is 38, and a Bald Graduate Student. Paul's friends describe him as "hardworking, intelligent, perceptive, and quiet".

(yeeeeesh)

The first thing I'll notice about Paul is: "quiet".

(yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh)

Five things Paul can't live without:
Apples
Bicycling
Cross country skiing
Water
Italy

(what an unusual list of unrelated things.)

Paul also informs the world that he has ADD. He informs us twice. I'm not sure if he's serious, and wants to date someone who's not stimulating, or if it's an attempt at humor. Either way, I'm not really sure things with Quiet, ADD Paul and I are destined for love.

He does have dimples, though. That's cute.

1 comment:

  1. Ok. Extroverted me fell in love with an introverted nerd... who has a wild side. It can be done.

    ReplyDelete